Monday, September 10, 2012

Princesses, Leotards and Tantrums

Time to catch you up on our weekend!

Friday was probably the most productive day I've had as a mother...or ever. I accomplished so much that I really am not sure where the energy came from. It was crazy! While I was running around like a crazy person in my own house, I heard Kylee walking around and hollering, "Hola! Hola! Helloooooo!" It took her 5 times of saying that before it clicked that my child was speaking Spanish. I turned the corner and just stared.

"Kylee, what did you just say???"
"Hola, mommy! Hola! Hello!"

Off she went giggling to herself leaving me with my eyes huge and my mouth dropped. We don't speak Spanish and I couldn't figure out from where it came. Later, when I was picking up her toys it hit me that she has a small laptop that, when on the Spanish setting, sings a cute little song incorporating "hola", "adios", "hello", and "goodbye". Genius.

We went outside around mid morning so that I could mow the yard before we took off for our weekend getaway in Austin. I blew up her little pool with a canopy, put out her water table, picnic table and some chalk and I got to work. I sat down after finishing the front yard and began coloring with her chalk. She thought it was great fun to dump the chalk out on the driveway and when she did they went rolling away. She would chase after one, pick it up and put it in her bucket. She managed to get all but one that rolled into the street. When she realized where it was, she had a total meltdown. Her little feet stood at the very edge of the driveway as she stood there screaming, "Mommy, help! Help! Color!" We have always taught her that she has to hold our hands while in the street but we never have had to deal with her running into the street before. It kind of caught me by surprise that she knew she couldn't take a step farther. Genius baby strikes again!

 Little Bit loves to color the driveway!

 Picked up all her colors! So proud of herself.


Kylee spent the weekend with her Nana and Poppy (my parents), while Travis and I headed to Austin. According to Nana, the weekend was filled with dressing up, babies in play strollers, laughter and a little bit of competitiveness. Nana bought Kylee a stroller for her baby doll to match Edyn's. The two played dress-up and were sweet cousins. Just to give you an idea of their weekend, check out this adorable picture of the two of them :) I can't help but chuckle at Edyn's outfit. My mom says Edyn would sway back and forth in her dress, quoting Cinderella, "It was a lovely dream!" Love these two girls a whole lot!


Today was Kylee's first gymnastics class. We had toured the gym when it was closed to everyone else and Kylee had the best time. She walked across the balance beam, jumped on the trampoline, dangled from the bars, played in the foam pit...she had a blast! A leotard was purchased and we were really looking forward to going back! She put on her dress up heels and out the door we went!


She walked in and was so excited! "Play! I play, mommy!" We were 15 minutes early so patience was something we talked about in the meantime, all the while she looked at my like, "yeah. whatever. right. patience." Her class is kept to a smaller size of 6 people but for whatever reason, only 1 other child was there with her mom today. Remember how I just told you she was excited?! Well, she was...until class started. The moment the coach of the class, who is fantastic with the kids by the way, walked up and said, "Hi, Kylee!" she lost it. Great. Just great. From then on she cried. She wouldn't do anything. No trampoline. No balance beam. No foam pit. Just tantrums. When I finally found something she would do, she would do it with a huge smile on her face. But the moment the coach would acknowledge her, she would burst into tears all over again. For an hour, she cried. Our first experience was awful. But I know that I just need to keep going with her and she will eventually be having a blast all over again. I hope...

So while the day started out all smiles and filled with excitement, it ended more like this:

There's my happy girl. *sigh* Better luck next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment